Blog of the week
A really useful read that explores why retrieval practice is such an important learning strategy
Deb reflects on a talk about tackling educational disadvantage by Marc Rowland.
Research School Blog
Simple ways to reduce the cognitive load of teachers’ explanations.
Other Useful Links
- Jo castelino shares how she makes the wait time after a question more productive.
- Blake Harvard on the importance of confirmation bias in the classroom.
- Margaret Mulholland discusses what the evidence tells us about improving attendance.
- Harry Fletcher-Wood explains how and why we should use role models in classrooms.
- Sarah Cottingham on why understanding the learning process is more important than collecting teaching tips and tricks.
- James Dyke on the value of routines in school culture.
- Thomas Chillimamp unpicks the value of catching them being good.