Blog of the Week
What Makes Great Teaching? Beyond a List of Strategies – Nick Hart
In this great blog Nick summarises Mary Kennedy’s work where she identifies five challenges all teachers face – and what to do about them.
You can find the ‘Blog of the Week’ archive here.
Deep Dive Days – by Shaun Allison
Find out about these one day workshops, led by Durrington Research school, that will focus in on specific EEF guidance reports and evidence reviews.
Research School Blog
Evaluating Your Pupil Premium Strategy – Marc Rowland
Marc explores how we can we best evaluate whether our actions are making a difference for disadvantaged pupils.
Reviewing the University of Bristol’s ‘Characteristics of Effective Teaching’ – Part 1 – by Ben Crockett
The first in a series of blogs reviewing the key points from the recently released ‘Characteristics of Effective Teaching’ report.
Other Useful Links
- Deepika Narula shares some mistakes she made when implementing retrieval in the classroom.
- Dylan Wiliam has talked to the TES about his vision for fair and accurate assessment.
- Christian Moore-Anderson discusses how he went from powerpoints to drawing lessons under a visualiser.
- Mark Roberts writes about phrases that teachers should drop.
- Tom Sherrington on when daily quiz regimes become lethal mutations of retrieval practice.
- Kat Howard reflects on effective implementation for leaders.
- Inner Drive have produced a useful quick guide for the split attention effect.
Great blog list! I will visit them all