Durrington High School has been designated as a Research School (from September 2017 onwards). The Research Schools Network is a collaboration between the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and the Institute for Effective Education (IEE) to create a network of schools that will support the use of evidence to improve teaching practice.
The Durrington Research School will act as a regional hub for the Research Schools Network. We will share what we know about putting research into practice, and support schools to make better use of evidence to inform their teaching and learning, so that they really make a difference in the classroom.
We will do this through three strands:
We will use our Research School website , a monthly newsletter, email contact, conferences, workshops and twitter to communicate the most recent news about evidence informed practice to our network of schools.
We will offer a range of training programmes for our network of schools to take part in. These training programmes will be focused on key issues that are relevant to the issues that are faced by schools within our network. Further details on this will follow shortly.
We will support schools within our network to apply for Innovation Evaluation Grants. Teachers within the network of schools can apply for one of these grants, with the support of our Research School, to develop innovative teaching and learning approaches they are implementing in their classroom or school.
The Durrington Research School Team
- Director of Research School – Shaun Allison
- Assistant Director of Research School – Chris Runeckles
- Assistant Director of Research School – Fran Haynes
- Research Lead – Andy Tharby
- Administration – Lisa Edwards (please email with any enquiries about joining the network – firstname.lastname@example.org )
Join our Research School Network
By joining our network, you will:
- Receive our free monthly Research School newsletter;
- Receive up to date information about our workshops, conferences and training programmes;
- Receive in school support to help you and your school put research evidence into practice;
- Receive information, guidance and support with innovation evaluation grants.
If you are a school/ academy/ college in the south/ south east of England and would like to join our Research School Network (which is completely free) please complete the form below:
You can also email Lisa Edwards (email@example.com) to reserve a place at our launch event:
Date: 27th September
Venue: Durrington High School