Blog of the Week
A super blog exploring ways in which we can check students are engaging with the lesson behind their computer screens.
Shaun Allison unpicks what we mean by responsive teaching and how we can adapt to this remotely.
Jack Tavassoly-Marsh explores how we can be monitoring student understanding during remote teaching.
Other Useful Links
- This new report from the Sutton Trust, with survey data from Teacher Tapp and YouGov, provides insights on how the second period of partial school closures is affecting pupils, teachers and parents.
- In this blog Chris Curtis shares how he structures his live lessons.
- Mark Enser shares his ‘Remote Teaching Survival Guide’ in this TES article.
- Pritesh Raichura has very kindly shared all of his video presentations on direct instruction here.
- In this new episode of the EEF ‘Evidence into Action’ podcast Alex Quigley and a panel of experts explore the evidence on supporting pupils to form effective learning behaviours – both in school and at home.
- This blog by Zoe Enser contains some useful tips for remote assessment.
- Research Paper – Describing the behaviour and documenting the accomplishments of expert teachers – David Berliner