As we all yet again switch to remote teaching, we have curated the blogs from here, Durrington Research School and ‘blogs of the week’ from the last lockdown period on this page. There are also some other useful resources.
Durrington Research School
Blogs of the week
- Remote Learning and Making Plans – Alex Quigley
- Three takeaways from Daisy C’s outstanding ‘Teachers vs Tech – Doug Lemov
- The impact of school closures on disadvantaged students and the attainment gap – Ben Pollard
- Self-Regulation at a Distance – Chris Runeckles
- Rebooting behaviour after lockdown – Tom Bennett
- Sustaining the learning of disadvantaged pupils during lockdown – Marc Rowland
- Feedback and accountability loops for online classes – Doug Lemov
- What does the research say about designing video lessons? – Daisy Christodoulou
- Distance learning: reflections on the EEF’s rapid evidence review – Caroline Creaby
- Retrieval Practice in Asynchronous Instruction – Doug Lemov
- Distance learning through the lens of disadvantaged pupils – Marc Rowland.
- 12 Building blocks to use learning technologies effectively – Building block 2: Give clear, structured and challenging instruction – Paul Kirschner & Mirjam Neelen
Google Classroom Training
- Teach from Home – A really useful hub with guidance on how to maximise all Google applications to maximise the impact of distance teaching.
- Google Teacher Centre – a number of videos going through the basics of Google Classroom, from the Google Teacher Center.
- Google Classroom You Tube – a whole series of mini-videos (2-3 mins) looking at the individual features of Google Classroom. From Tom Mullaney.
- Getting started with Google Classroom: Ed Tech made easy – a very accessible 10 minute video covering the basics of Google Classroom.
- The New Google Classroom – Full Tutorial – a slightly longer (16 minute) video tutorial.
- Giving feedback using Google Forms – A really useful blog from Niki Kaiser looking at this useful tool on the Google Suite that can be used with Google Classroom.
- 5 Quick tips on how to use Google classroom – useful article that goes through the basics of Google Classroom.
- A day in the life of lockdown – Great blog written by Freya Odell who teaches in Italy, and has had to get to grips with using Google Classroom.
- Coronavirus: 8 tips from closed international schools. – TES that shares many of the practical challenges that international schools have had to overcome in the wake of Corona Virus
- Virtual Learning Support – Alistair Hamill has put together this very useful guide for teachers who are planning to use Google Classroom.
- Google Classroom Video Tutorials – some video tutorials produced by Martine Ellis.