Blog of the Week
Alex Quigley – 10 Tips For Using Revision Guides
Some really useful tips for us all to be sharing with staff, students and parents alike as we build to another exam season.
Shaun Allison – The Importance of Routines
The boss is back! Good to have Shaun back in the blog writing fold as he explains some of the core routines we are currently working on at Durrington.
Research School Blog
Durrington ELE Tara McVey has a look at all things explanation giving some great and usable tips in this blog.
Other Useful Links
- If you want a thorough examination of what an evidence-informed approach can provide EYFS practitioners then you have found it in this Julian Grenier piece – Time to choose: do we want evidence-informed practice or influencer-informed practice in the early years
- This video animation shared by Amy Ford will support those looking to implement metacognition.
- A few to choose from for Inner Drive, but I really like this one – The top three conditions for elaborative interrogation.
- Geoff Barton was speaking to The Independent in this piece on reluctant readers.
- The TES has shared this work from The Bell Foundation – 5 ways schools can offer quality education for refugee pupils
- Something different here, a micro lesson on biologically primary and biologically secondary knowledge from Nidhi Sachdeva
- Xristos Curtis considers the much written-about place for retrieval in English – What word is missing? Knowledge retrieval in English is ______________ and it isn’t all about quotations.
- Another great SEND blog from Gary Aubin – Hidden at the whole-class level