Blog of the Week
Thahmina Begum – The Golem Effect: combatting low expectations
Many of the #BOTW choices are made around those that resonate most with work we are doing at Durrington. This latest excellent contribution from Thahmina does just that.
Shaun Allison – The Importance of Routines
The boss is back! Good to have Shaun back in the blog writing fold as he explains some of the core routines we are currently working on at Durrington.
Research School Blog
Fahim Rahman – Equations in Context
Research School Associate Fahim Rahman explains how he has altered his teaching of equations to increase the use of context
Other Useful Links
- From the TES comes this piece by Margaret Mulholland – How to support pupils with pathological demand avoidance
- The piece from Eva Moskowitz highlights why we should never ignore student effort – We know student effort matters, so let’s start acting like it
- Thinking in maths is the focus of this blog from Greg Ashman – Peter Liljedahl wants to make kids think about mathematics
- Ambition Institute has released its first research paper and it is focused on modelling as an element of teachers’ professional development.
- Rachel Ball is blogging again, this time about teaching and purpose – The Purpose
- Should we set students deadlines? Inner Drive consider this in this blog – Deadlines and working memory: a double edged sword.