Blog of the Week
How does memory update? How might we use what we know about updating memory to help pupils build on what they know?
Chris describes how different subject areas are thinking about how to implement metacognition.
Research School Blog
How the release of the EEF’s Effective Professional Development guidance report led to an update of our implementation plan.
Other Useful Links
- The West Somerset Research School team consider the complexities of metacognition.
- Amarbeer Singh Gill looks at why worked examples are so important and how we can make the best use of them.
- Gary Aubin explores how we can support SEND pupils during the exam season.
- Paul Cline looks at why we misremember.
- Inner Drive on why we should ask lots of questions.
- Craig Barton has made it easy for you to sign up for the ‘Tips for Teachers’ weekly e-Newsletter.
- Mark Miller shares his thoughts on breaking down complex writing tasks.