Blog of the Week
Alex distils the wealth of research around vocabulary development into consistent pillars of practice that are best bets for supporting and super-charging vocabulary development.
Transition to secondary school is a really important step for our pupils. This blog explores how we can support this.
Research School Blog
Metacognition has been a Durrington priority for several years. here are two ways we can ensure it remains high priority.
Other Useful Links
- The great team at Evidence Based Education have produced a super document that looks at the four pillars of assessment – purpose, validity, reliability and value.
- Staying on the theme of assessment, Mary Myatt has shared her thoughts on this topic here.
- In this TES article, David Alcock explores what he means by a hopeful education.
- This article summarises the really important research of Dr Gill Main, comparing the aspirations of parents and children living in poverty, to those families who are better off.
- Ongoing improvement as a teacher is a tricky business. Mark Enser explains why in this TES article.
- Jo Castelino explores the importance of consistency in this blog.
- Great news – the researchED national conference is back this September. Details here.
Subscribe to the ClassTeaching podcast:
https://anchor.fm/james-crane39/ (Other platforms)
Episode 9 available now: Pre-empting poor behaviour.
Free Twilight CPD Webinar
- Theme: Disciplinary Reading
- Led by: Fran Haynes
- Date: Tuesday 11th May
- Time: 3.30pm-4.00pm