Blog of the Week
Caroline explores how we can use what we know about formative assessment to inform our remote teaching.
Maths teacher Zofia Reeves gives her reflections on what she has learnt as a classroom teacher delivering remote learning.
On the Research School blog
Research School associate Ben Crockett examines our best bets when designing online examinations.
Other useful links:
- Adam Boxer gives some useful tips for making teaching videos
- How to do-doodle drawing for learning. Mark Enser explains how teachers can use drawing to support learning.
- This blog considers the importance of routines for remote learning.
- For those live teaching through Google Classrooms, Zofia Reeves has produced this short video on how to do so safely.
- In the lastest update to his excellent The Confident Teacher blog, Alex Quigley asks: “Should we worry about handwriting?”
- In this blog Tom Sherrington shares his notes after attending a Doug Lemov workshop on remote learning.
- Greg Ashman unpicks an article by Tim Shanahan regarding the relative benefits of knowledge acquisition to reading comprehension.
- As part of a wider piece of work in this area, Harry Fletcher-Wood shares his thinking on effective professional development.