Blog of the week
In this blog Dan explores how some of the Lemov behaviour strategies can be implemented in the classroom.
In his first blog, Fahim thinks about professional development and how the new EEF report might help to make this more effective.
Research School blog
Staying on the theme of the new EEF guidance report, Mark shares why he thinks it’s so important.
Other useful links
- John Tomsett explores how we might get that little bit better at using mini- whiteboards.
- Kate Jones & Dylan William have written a useful article on how to get ‘Think-Pair- Share’ right.
- Mark Enser discusses how he approaches the teaching of disciplinary knowledge.
- Deepika Narula shares how she has developed her approach to whole class feedback.
- Carl Hendrick unpicks the problem with growth mindset.
- Dani Quinn on how she has focused on getting better at checking for understanding.
- ResearchED Surrey was this weekend. Joe Kirby has summarised some of the key questions that were asked.
Date: 2nd November
Title: Cognitive Load Theory
Led by: Andy Tharby
You can view the recordings from last year here: