Blog of the week
In this powerful post, Dan explores the issues around tackling educational disadvantage, how we often get it wrong and how we might get better at getting it right.
A great example of why literacy matters for all subjects.
Research School Blog
Why is reading comprehension so important and how can we get better at implementing it in our classrooms?
Other useful links
- The EEF have published their new guidance report on effective professional development. Essential reading for all leaders.
- The Inner Drive team explores the research evidence behind seating plans.
- One for leaders – how to take feedback well, by Joe Kirby.
- Booklets – some people love them and others don’t. In this article, Clive Hill explains why he loves them.
- How can we use exit tickets more effectively? Kate Jones explains here.
- Andrew Jones explores seven principles of effective homework.
- Bruce Robertson explores the knowledge vs skills debate – and why it’s a false one!
- What shapes us? A very personal blog from Zoe Enser.
Next Twilight CPD Webinar:
Date: 2nd November
Title: Cognitive Load Theory
Led by: Andy Tharby
Registration here: Coming soon
You can view the recordings from last year here: