Blog of the week
In this blog Helen explores how curricular thinking has made her a better teacher. A great read.
In this blog Fran discusses how we can improve the quality of talk in our classrooms.
Research School Blog
Find out about the training programmes on offer by the Durrington Research School this year.
Other useful links
- In this video Dylan Wiliam discusses why formative assessment still matters.
- Jonathan Sharples and Katie Luxton explore the evidence around the effective use of teaching assistants.
- Oliver Burkeman on how long we can actually do mentally demanding work and what we might do about it.
- Thinking about leadership, NIck Hart shares four things that he thinks great subject leaders know and do.
- Staying on the theme of leadership, here’s Joe Kirby on how leaders create great staff culture.
- As we all try to build new habits during the start of the new school year, here’s Thahmina Begum on the Plateau of Latent potential.
- And finally, in this blog Nick Wells writes about routines, deliberate practice and doing it again.
Next twilight CPD webinar
Date: 2nd November
Title: Cognitive Load Theory
Led by: Andy Tharby
Registration here: Coming soon
You can view the recordings from last year here: