Blog of the week
In this blog Roger explores strategies teachers can use to develop formative assessment within the online classroom.
Students are having to do a lot of reading online at the moment. This blog explores how we can best support them.
Research School Blog
Advice on how we need to be thinking really carefully about our explanations when it comes to remote teaching.
Other Useful Links
- If you missed Fran’s twilight on explicit vocabulary instruction, you can watch it here.
- Chris Runeckles has produced this short video explaining how we can be supporting self-regulation during remote teaching
- The Research team at OFSTED have produced a useful review of what’s working well in remote education?
- This is really useful blog from Mark Enser looking at ‘Best bets in remote learning’
- Great blog from Alex Quigley – ‘Five things I wish I’d known about literacy’
- Free CPD – lots of excellent video presentations from researchED Home.
- Ben Gordon has made a useful Loom video explaining how the https://whiteboard.fi/ free app can work with live teaching and whole class feedback
- Another Loom on “How I start my Google Classroom lessons” by Katy Fairhurst
- In the TES this week – ‘Why research on remote learning offers hope’.
- Here’s a video from Kate Jones outlining 5 online tools to support remote teaching and learning.