The staff at Durrington hold a half termly ‘Journal Club’ led by Chris Runeckles. An educational research paper is read and discussed. It is then summarised as a ‘Research Bulletin’. These can be downloaded below.
- November 2016 – Learning vs Performance – Soderstrom & Bjork
- September 2016 – The science of Learning – Deans for Impact
- May 2016 – The Psychology of Behaviour Management – by Nick Rose.
- February 2016 – Focuses on the paper ‘What will improve a student’s memory?’ by Daniel Willingham.
- November 2015 – Focuses on the paper ‘Critical Thinking’ by Daniel Willingham.
- May 2015 – Contains articles from The Institute for Effective Education at the University of York on making homework effective and another from The Brown Center on Education Policy on student engagement.
- March 2015 – Contains a summary of the findings of Barak Rosenshine, published in a report entitled ‘Principles of Instruction’.
- January 2015 – Contains a summary of the Sutton Trust research report ‘What makes great teaching?’
- November 2014 – Contains strategies (from Dunlosky) on helping students to remember, as well as a summary of the ‘Learning Innovator’ projects from this year.