Blog of the Week
A really useful review of the research looking at the relationship between motivation and learning.
Zofia shares three ways the Durrington maths department are planning to reset expectations.
Research School Blog
Other Useful Links
- Helen Reynolds has produced a really useful two page summary of Carl Hendrick Jim Heal and Paul Kirschner’s book ‘How Learning Happens’
- Alex Quigley on how and why we need to get better at teaching writing.
- Julian Grenier discusses the importance of teacher expectations.
- Ben Newmark explains why improving behaviour is about more than compliance.
- Christopher Such has produced a really useful video – an introduction to phonics for secondary teachers.
- Inner Drive explain the difference between short term, working and long term memory. They also have their own YouTube channel.
- Robin Macpherson shares some reflections on the Danish education system.
DMAT is looking to grow!
We are looking to grow our trust and are interested in speaking to like-minded schools.
- In light of the white paper are you exploring academisation?
- Do you want to join us and write the story for a growing multi-academy trust?
- Are you interested in utilising the expertise of our own Research School and SCITT to enhance teacher development and recruitment in your school?
- Are you looking for a trust that is respectful of retaining a school’s unique characteristics and autonomy, as well as being committed to collaborative working?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, then come along to our forthcoming MAT information evening on 29th September to hear more. Click here for further details and to register a place for the event and here to find out more about DMAT.