Durrington’s Executive Headteacher Sue Marooney was awarded an MBE in the 2022 Queen’s birthday honours list, for services to education. Read more about it here.
Blog of the Week
Set the Bar High! – Paul Kirschner & Mirjam Neelen
There’s a trend to lower the bar in education. Differentiation plays a role in that. How about setting the bar high instead? Paul and Mirjam discuss this in this great blog.
Five Tips to Support Student’s Writing – Fran Haynes
Fran explores how teachers of all subjects can support students with their writing.
Research School Blog
2022-23 Deep Dive Days – Shaun Allison
Next year we are offering some one day workshops on the EEF guidance reports and evidence reviews. Find out more here.
Other Useful Links
- Adam Boxer reflects on questioning with ‘keeping the one, losing the many’
- Thahmina Begum explains how live marking works in her school.
- Darren Leslie shares his Pass the Pen strategy.
- Steve Chiger on four things Dutch still life teaches us about curriculum.
- Simon Burgess discusses his new research looking at what classroom activities appear to have most impact on GCSE outcomes.
- Greg Thornton discusses preventative behaviour strategies.
- Inner Drive explore how to encourage good behaviour in your classroom.