Blog of the week
Closing the Writing Gap – New Resources – Alex Quigley
In this short blog Alex explains the new, free resources to go alongside his new book on teaching writing.
Five Tips to Support Students’ Writing – Fran Haynes
A really useful blog aimed at teachers of all subjects, who are looking to support students with writing.
Research School Blog
Implementation 2.0 – Chris Runeckles
How the release of the EEF’s Effective Professional Development guidance report led to an update of our implementation plan.
Other Useful Links
- The EEF published two new resources last week:
- Impact of Covid-19 on Learning: A Review of the Evidence
- Moving Forwards, Making a Difference: A Planning Guide for Schools
Read more about them and download them here.
- Katie Amery shares how she helps students to remember more.
- Bradley Busch explores the idea of embodied cognition – what we do and don’t know.
- Inner Drive have give access to a free e-book on the transient information effect – an important principle of cognitive load theory.
- Tom Rees and Ben Newmark discuss the SEND green paper.
- Mark Enser reflects on his own learning and how this might inform our teaching.