Blog of the week
In this short blog Alex explains the new, free resources to go alongside his new book on teaching writing.
A really useful blog aimed at teachers of all subjects, who are looking to support students with writing.
Research School Blog
How the release of the EEF’s Effective Professional Development guidance report led to an update of our implementation plan.
Other Useful Links
- The EEF published two new resources last week:
- Impact of Covid-19 on Learning: A Review of the Evidence
- Moving Forwards, Making a Difference: A Planning Guide for Schools
Read more about them and download them here.
- Katie Amery shares how she helps students to remember more.
- Bradley Busch explores the idea of embodied cognition – what we do and don’t know.
- Inner Drive have give access to a free e-book on the transient information effect – an important principle of cognitive load theory.
- Tom Rees and Ben Newmark discuss the SEND green paper.
- Mark Enser reflects on his own learning and how this might inform our teaching.