Blog of the week
Tom encourages us to think about lessons from the perspective of a student with low confidence and how we might be able to help them.
Fahim has been looking at homework from a different perspective this year. He reflects on this here.
Research School Blog
Deb explores why a good understanding of schema development is integral to effective teaching.
Other useful links
- Craig Barton has launched a new website ‘Tips for Teachers’.
- Mark Enser on why teachers should assess less and respond more.
- Alex Quigley explores how testing before teaching can boost results.
- Inner Drive look at strategies to check for understanding.
- In this video, Kate Jones discusses five formative assessment strategies.
- Adam Robbins shares a development of the ‘no-opt out’ approach.
- Harry Fletcher-Wood unpicks the changing perspectives on growth mindset.