Blog of the week
In this blog Thahmina looks at the reasons why we might not sanction a student, why we should and how we can stop it getting to that point.
Shaun describes how we are planning our professional development to tackle educational disadvantages.
Research School Blog
Ben explores the idea of relative performance feedback and considers how it might inform our approach to assessment.
Other Useful Links
- Mark Enser looks at how we turn the aspiration of high expectations into a classroom reality.
- Kat Howard explores teaching when they haven’t got it.
- Daisy Holland-Selby tackles the question – how do we solve the problem of motivation?
- John Eaton unpicks what we mean by self explanation and how it works.
- Sean Harris discusses what disadvantage might do to our cognitive functions and what we can do about it as teachers.
- Jo Castelino on the importance of classroom routines.
- Blake Harvard shares how he is supporting his students with before, during and after thinking strategies.
Date: 8th March
Title: Routines & Relationships
Led by: Ben Crockett
You can view the recordings from last year here: