Blog of the week
What’s stopping us from teaching reading comprehension really well? – Christopher Such
In this super blog Christopher dissects reading comprehension – where we go wrong with it and how we can get better at it.
Reflections on Self-Marking Homework in Lessons: Part 1 – Zofia Reeves
Research School Blog
Educational Disadvantage and Self-Efficacy – Chris Runeckles
Other Useful Links
- Sarah Cottingham explores how schema determine what we learn.
- Mary Myatt discusses the importance of celebrating brilliant work.
- Adam Boxer shares some great thinking around managing behaviour.
- Inner Drive have produced a beginners guide to cognitive science.
- Julie Kettlewell explores the seven step approach to modelling independence.
- Alex Quigley on untangling the curriculum spiderweb
- Zoe Enser describes how we can implement responsive teaching.
- Jo Castelino on the importance of rehearsal in the classroom.
Date: 8th March
Title: Routines & Relationships
Led by: Ben Crockett
You can view the recordings from last year here: