Blog of the week
A great post that explores the importance of appreciating the challenges of disadvantage within the school context and understanding exactly how the school’s strategy seeks to address them.
Some great examples of how teachers are implementing metacognition in the classroom.
Research School Blog
Is there any merit in asking students to estimate their assessment grade before receiving their marked total?
Other Useful Links
- Alex Quigley shares 5 strategies for reading complex texts.
- Tom Sherrington discusses the important distinction between rehearsal and retrieval practice.
- Sarah Cottingham explains how retrieval practice works.
- Joe Kinnaird on how he approaches whole class feedback.
- Stuart Kime reflects on motivation in the classroom.
- Ben Newmark describes how he plans his lessons.
Date: 18th January
Title: Formative Assessment
Led by: James Crane
You can view the recordings from last year here: