Blog of the Week
This blog contains some really useful activities that teachers can use to help build reading fluency.
Fahim reflects on how he has been developing his practice, by being more explicit about his instructions.
Research School Blog
Fluency instruction isn’t just beneficial for younger students. It can go a long way in supporting reading at KS3 and KS4 too.
Other Useful Links
- Heather Fearn has written a really useful blog explaining what an OFSTED deep dive is.
- Harry Fletcher-Wood discusses can assessment be used to motivate students?
- Doug Lemov shares an excerpt from TLAC 3.0 with a focus on questioning – phrasing fundamentals.
- Thamina Begum explains 6 conditions to set students up for learning – and how it often goes wrong.
- Mark Enser explores the perfect conditions for learning.
- Bruce Robertson on how we can make feedback more useful.
- Joe Kirby has curated this great collection of blogs on curriculum.
Date: 18th January
Title: Formative Assessment
Led by: James Crane
You can view the recordings from last year here: