Blog of the Week
Zoe draws on her years of experience in the classroom to offer some great advice on managing behaviour.
What are the issues with ‘DIRT’ activities and how can we make feedback more effective?
Research School Blog
A fourth year teacher reflects on how he has been supported with his development as a teacher.
Other Useful Links
- Our most recent newsletter can be viewed here.
- Jean Gross summarises how schools can help the unseen children – those who are most affected by socio-economic disadvantage.
- Mark Enser on the importance of curriculum sequencing and how to do it.
- Blake Harvard shares an approach where he reverse engineers the multiple choice question.
- Alex Quigley offers us 5 reasons why students fail with revision.
- Kristian Shanks describes how he uses mini-whiteboards in his lesson.
- Nick Hart shares some checklists that will help with curriculum planning.
Date: 7th December
Title: Metacognitve questioning & modelling
Led by: Chris Runeckles
You can view the recordings from last year here: