Blog of the week
‘Golden Silence’ by Adam Boxer
Adam explains why he loves periods of silence in his lessons and how he achieves it.
‘Why is this a metacognitive question?’ by Chris Runeckles
Chris explains how we are narrowing our metacognition focus to metacognitive modelling.
Research School Blog
‘It’s Good to Talk’ by Tara McVey
Tara unpicks the art of difficult conversations.
Other Useful Links
- Alex Quigley shares a number of excellent resources to support secondary literacy.
- Adam Robbins explains how he maximises whole class feedback.
- Matt BenDavid on when to use mini-whiteboards and when to use cold call.
- Rory Walker discusses how he makes multiple choice questions more efficient.
- Daniel Muijs on why not all evidence is good evidence.
- Jasmine Lane reflects on how she has been refining her approach to modelling.
Twilight CPD Webinar
Date: 7th December
Title: Metacognitve questioning & modelling
Led by: Chris Runeckles
Registration here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQg0Fex-Bh_88Q6Nt7RwWcQs9vKttRgWDurr7jJ5FlBY7blw/viewform
You can view the recordings from last year here: