Blog of the week
In this characteristically brilliant blog Tom shares 9 things that he thinks are worth focusing on in order to maximise learning.
In her debut blog, Zofia shares how she has adapted her approach to cold-calling to improve its effectiveness.
Research School blog
Jack discusses how we can get that little bit better at using mini-whiteboards.
Other useful links
- The Inner Drive team discuss the planning part of the metacognitive process – plan, do, review.
- Adam Boxer shares 3 reasons why students aren’t doing your homework.
- Jo Castelino on fostering success in the classroom.
- Thahmina Begum reflects on the small changes we can make to help keep students to focus in lessons.
- Sarah Jones has been thinking about why students don’t always follow instructions and what we can do about it.
- Helen Skelton explores the important interplay between curriculum, teaching and assessment.
- Susan Strachan discusses how she uses live modelling, scaffolding and questioning in her lessons.
Date: 2nd November
Title: Cognitive Load Theory
Led by: Andy Tharby
You can view the recordings from last year here: