Blog of the week
Super blog by Tom, in which he explains the importance of finding out what students already know and framing our teaching around this.
In this blog Chris explores how we use lesson visits at Durrington.
A good exploration of the evidence around practice and why this is so important.
Other useful links:
- In this TES article, Mark Enser writes about ‘powerful knowledge’ and what teachers need to understand about it.
- Here’s a great post from Kate Jones, discussing why retrieval practice matters to everyone.
- The EEF have updated their ‘Teaching & Learning Toolkit’. This brief blog describes what’s new with the updated version.
- In this TES article, Alex Quigley explores the possible link between language development and behaviour.
- Really interesting video, with Kate Jones talking to John Hattie about formative assessment.
- In the new edition of ‘Impact’ Rob Coe & Stuart Kime discuss an evidence informed approach to CPD.
- Our first FREE CPD webinar is on Tuesday 21st September. details below.
Next Twilight CPD Webinar:
Date: Tuesday 21st September
Title: Structured Talk
Led by: Fran Haynes
You can view the recordings from last year here: