Here’s the last round up of 2020-21. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support this year and to wish you all a very restful and relaxing summer. We will be back again in September.
Blog of the week
Tom explores the impact Professor Rob Coe has had on making us think about poor proxies for learning
How can we make students elaborate on their thinking?
On the Research School blog:
What do we mean by ‘pre-questioning’ and how might it support learning?
Other useful links:
- The EEF have published their new evidence review – ‘Cognitive Science Approaches in the Classroom: A review of the Evidence’.
- Mark Enser discusses why he thinks this review is useful in this TES post.
- Thanks to Jack Tavassoly-Marsh for sharing these great video clips of strong lesson routines.
- In this blog Zoe Enser explores the importance of communication in schools.
- The Centre for Educational Neuroscience have done a great job of unpicking some neuro-myths here.
- Nimish Lad introduces MARGE as a model of learning in this blog.
- GL Assessment have teamed up with Evidence Based Education to produce these really useful videos on assessment principles.
https://anchor.fm/james-crane39/ (Other platforms)
Episode 13 available now: Teacher Feedback to Improve Pupil Learning
Twilight CPD Webinar
Our programme of twilight CPD webinars have finished for this year. You can view the recordings here:
We’ll be back next year with more!