Blog of the week
In this super blog, Ruth explores what we really mean by ‘literacy’ and how we should be thinking about it within the contexts of our subjects.
How can we make students elaborate on their thinking? Chris explores some approaches in this blog.
Research School Blog
This post explores a seven step approach to tackling educational disadvantage.
Other Useful Links
- Kate Jones has shared this video of her presentation on retrieval practice in the classroom.
- Deans for impact have published this superb document – ‘Deepening Meaning & Learning’. It features some great case studies of how teachers have used cognitive science in their classrooms.
- This article from Inner Drive looks at 9 ways to define and develop your classroom culture.
- In this blog, Zoe Enser explores how good ideas can turn very bad!
- Feedback is a hot topic at the movement. Mark Miller from Bradford Research School looks at ways of managing responses to feedback by making it routine.
- The Unity Research School has published this blog, which signposts us to some really useful resources from the EEF.
- The annual Festival of Education (held at Wellington College) has been online this year. You can watch all the presentations here.
https://anchor.fm/james-crane39/ (Other platforms)
Our programme of twilight CPD webinars have finished for this year. You can view the recordings here:
We’ll be back next year with more!
2021-22 Training Taster Sessions
Sign up for our free taster sessions in June/July here: