Blog of the week
In this super blog Tom summarises some of the key ideas from one of the best education books out there – ‘Why Don’t Students Like School?’ by Daniel Willingham.
In this blog Deb explores recommendation 2 of the new EEF guidance report on feedback.
Research School blog
Much has been discussed about how useful the EEF implementation guidance report is for leaders. In this blog, Adam argues it is just as useful for classroom teachers.
Other useful links
- Here’s a great blog from Josh Vallance exploring the important question of ‘What do we mean by the curriculum as a progression model?’
- In this TES article, Mark Enser attempts to answer the age old question ‘What is teaching?’
- In this thoughtful blog Tom Needham explores the reciprocal relationship between reading and writing.
- This SchoolsWeek article sees Harry Fletcher-Wood paying homage to another classic education book – ‘The Hidden Lives of Learners’ by Graham Nuthall.
- This blog from the Bradford Research School looks at how we can address the ongoing issue linked to feedback – time.
- Another blog from the Research School family – this time Shotton Hall Research School looks at modelling.
- Tom Sherrington is on great blogging form this week! Here he again sharing examples of how different subjects are mobilising ideas from cognitive science.
https://anchor.fm/james-crane39/ (Other platforms)
Twilight CPD Webinar
Our programme of twilight CPD webinars have finished for this year. You can view the recordings here:
We’ll be back next year with more!
2021-22 Training Programme Taster Sessions
Sign up for our free taster sessions in June/July here: