Blog of the week
This is a really useful blog, outlining the research evidence that sits behind each of Rosenshine’s principles of instruction. A great read.
Chris shares some examples of how Durrington teachers are supporting metacognition in their lessons.
Mark explores how the EEF implementation guidance report should support effective CPD in schools.
Other USeful Links
- The EEF published their new guidance report last week – ‘Teacher Feedback to Improve Pupil Learning’
- Staying on the theme of feedback, here’s Dylan Wiliam talking about it, in this TES article.
- In this blog Daniel Muijs discusses Rosenshine and why teacher effectiveness research still makes sense.
- ‘Dynamic Deps – Russell & Steve’ have produced this really useful document for Curriculum Leaders – ‘How do we know that our curriculum is having the desired impact?’
- Great blog from Derby Research School, focused on retrieval practice.
- In this TES article Elena Russell looks at how multiple choice questions boost student assessment.
- Another great article from the TES – Shabnam Ahmed warns us against the damaging myths of pupil premium students.
https://anchor.fm/james-crane39/ (Other platforms)
- Theme: Unpicking Formative & Summative Assessment
- Led by: James Crane
- Date: Tuesday 15th June
- Time: 3.30pm-4.00pm
2021-22 Training Programme Taster Sessions
Sign up for our free taster sessions in June/July here: