Blog of the week
In this blog Tom outlines why cold-calling is such a useful strategy. He also addresses some FAQs about the approach and explores how it can be moved online.
Fran explains how we are supporting disciplinary literacy across year 9. It also features some videos of some of our brilliant teachers talking about their subject.
Research School Blog
Chris shares ten top tips for encouraging students to evaluate their learning during remote learning.
Other useful links
- Mary Myatt has collated some really useful links and resources for each subject here.
- This video explains how the Google app ‘Jamboard’ can be used to share student ideas during remote teaching.
- In this episode of ‘Mind the Gap’ Doug Lemov talks about the importance of passion in teaching.
- Here is a series of three videos on supporting self regulation during remote teaching:
- Some useful tips on how to set up assignments for remote teaching
- A longer article suggesting how to adapt a unit of work for online teaching
- Those interested in judging their own level of metacognitive knowledge and regulation related to metacognition, can work through this survey from PhD student Sarah Dowey https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8vHVN4AsXAoQHBz